Saturday, May 1, 2010

How to use our sprouts-  See post on April 9th.
About a month ago we learned how to sprout grain, and all the benefits of it.  Let's use those sprouts now!   Sure we can use eat them as they are-just sprouted and plain-or we can dress them us a bit and make them fun to eat.
One of my favorite ways is to add them to my yogurt.  That is really good. However, I also like to make "salads" out of them.   You can use your creativity on this one to do what you like, but I'll tell you what I like-to give you ideas. 
After my grains are sprouted I make a fruit salad and a vegetable salad out of them.  Usually I use what ever I have on hand to add to the sprouts.  For example, in the fruit salad I would take a portion of the grain and add the following all in small pieces: orange, cranberry, dates, walnut, coconut, raisens, then put the juice of the orange squeezed over the whole thing.  WOW!  what a good breakfast this is! Or take the sprouts and add apple pieces, sunflower seeds, raisens, cinnamon, and some honey.  I even will add some flax seed, fennel seed to these.  Use what you have on hand and create your own.  Have some fun trying different mixes.
Then for the vegetable salad do the same.  Add carrots, brocolli, peppers, onion, garlic, whatever you like and have handy.  I have even put frozen mixed vegetables in it. Then top with Italian dressing or a dressing of your choice--mix well and you have a great meal or side dish.  These are fun to take to family dinners- everyone loves it!  As we know whole grains are very healthy, but sprouted their healthiness multiplies a bunch!
Let me know what you've done and how you liked it.  Be brave and try new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment